Today, I’d like to share with you the answer to a question I’m asked quite often. What is Functional Medicine? Functional Medicine is a systemized approach which identifies the underlying root causes while building a therapeutic relationship with the patient. As Functional Medicine practitioners, we assume that everyone knows the answer to this question. Although this practice has been around for more than 30 years, it really is still new to the health system.
When evaluating a patient there are 3 components to Functional Medicine’s systemized approach:
- Biochemical Individuality
- Lifestyle Factors
We look at each of these components and gather all of the data to put together a personalized plan. Any imbalances are then evaluated to see if further testing is needed. We work with the patient to build a therapeutic relationship. We continue to track and assess imbalances to obtain optimal health and wellness.
Some of the recent statistic prove that there is currently an epidemic happening:
- 50% of the US population have 1 chronic illness.
- 25% of the US population have at least 2 chronic illnesses.
- 86% of the $3.2 trillion healthcare costs in the US are spent on chronic diseases.
While conventional medicine has massive value and is necessary for saving lives, particularly in emergency and other situations, when it comes to chronic disease we need to look at the underlying root causes of the disease. In short, no generic formula is the answer for everyone and it’s important to build a personalized plan to achieve optimal health.
In this video, I’ll share:
- More details regarding Functional Medicine
- An example of how 2 patients with the same diagnosis of chronic arthritis could have two completely different plans based on their body structure.
If you would like to learn more about Functional Medicine, I highly recommend this Functional Medicine Fast Track video:
What did you think of this Functional Medicine Fast Track Video?
- Subscribe to Garric Vosloo’s YouTube channel for additional information and to get notifications when new videos are available!
- Register for our Free Training: 5 Steps to Accelerate Your Success as a Functional Medicine Health Practitioner – and make it profitable.
- Book a Call to discuss our Functional Medicine Fast Track Training Program and how Functional Medicine can be customized for you and your practice.
- Leave a comment and tell me what questions you have – and what resonated with you.